10,000 Tonight is BACK at Ecole Royal Bay. From November 29th-December 10th, students will be collecting non-perishable food items and cash donations to help support the Goldstream Food Bank. There are a variety of ways that you can contribute:
- Donate through school cash online (click the link to donate). Tax receipts will be provided!
- Take part in our community drop off days (Tuesday November 30th/December 7th & Thursday December 2nd /December 9th) by bringing non-perishable food items for drop off outside Ecole Royal Bay Secondary School.
- Encouraging students to participate in our classroom contest! Every A Block homeroom class will be competing against each other to see who can collect the most non-perishable items.
Bell Schedule for November 18th Early Dismissal and Learning Conferences
Block B 9:00 – 9:40
Block A 9:45 – 10:25
Break 10:25 – 10:40
Block D 10:40 – 11:20
Block C 11:25 – 12:05
Learning Conferences 2-4pm & 5-7pm
Interviews will be held on Thursday, November 18th online through MS Teams from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm & 5:00 pm to 7:00pm. If you prefer a phone call to online, please contact your child’s teacher. Thank you for taking the time to meet with your child and their teachers.
November 18th Busses and Student Pick-Up
This first busses for student pick-up start arriving at RBSS is at 12:20 pm.
Student Learning Conferences
Virtual student learning conferences will be held on Thursday, November 18th online through MS Teams from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm & 5:00 pm to 7:00pm. If you prefer a phone call to online, please contact your child’s teacher.
Here is how you book an appointment:How to Book an Appointment
If you are unable to book an appointment with a teacher due to availability, or if there is a unique reason that makes it necessary for a parent to meet face to face with a teacher, please contact the teacher to set an alternate time. Teacher contacts can be found RBSS Staff List .
Thank you for taking the time to meet with your child and their teachers.
“International students and Royal Bay Ambassadors got together after school on Friday to carve pumpkins, make new friends, indulge in treats, and celebrate Halloween festivities. For many of our International students, it was their first time carving a pumpkin!”
The Grad Class of 2022 is having a grad bottle drive on Friday, November 5, 2021 from 8:00 am to 1:45 pm
Please help out the grad class by spreading the word about our up coming bottle drive.
Start saving your empties and bring them to the front of the school.
COVID safety protocols will be in place during the event. No contact drop off. Students will be happy to remove your bottles and cans from the trunk of your vehicle.
If you didn’t get your photo taken the first week of school, or would like retakes you have an opportunity to get your photo taken from 8:30 – 12:30 on Thursday Oct 21, 2021 in the small gym.
Proofs and Student ID cards, from this photo session, will be delivered to Bl-A classes the first week of November.
Dear École Royal Bay Secondary Families
The staff at RBSS would like to extend a huge thank you to you all for your support throughout the last couple of weeks as we got the school up and running. It is awesome to see the excitement and joy of our students as they start the school year. Today was photo day, lots of students dressed up and looking great! (Retakes on October 21 for those that forgot!)
As always, we rely on your continued support as we navigate a year with heightened safety measures and expectations for both staff and students. The students have been incredibly receptive to our safety protocols and contributed to a safe and welcoming environment. Please continue to remind your students at home of the need to wear masks while in school, sanitize hands, and stay distanced. While the weather is nice we are encouraging students to eat outside and take advantage of our beautiful campus.
A few notes on the first week:
- Parents are welcome to make appointments to come to the school. Please make sure to sign in and out at the office when you arrive for your scheduled time. At this time we are asking that parents refrain from just dropping in. Please call ahead.
- Please remind your students that if they arrive late or are leaving early with parent permission to please sign in and out at the office – this allows our attendance clerk to account for them.
- Please continue to remind your students at home of the need to wear masks while in school, sanitize hands, and stay distanced.
- While the weather is nice we are encouraging students to eat outside and take advantage of our beautiful campus.
- Our first PAC meeting of the year is on Wednesday, September 15th at 6:30 in the evening. The meeting will be held in the new turf gym. Please contact RBSS PAC at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are planning on attending.
- Please continue to send in the Emergency Student Release Form to the office (Blue sheet sent home earlier this week).
- A reminder to parents during drop off and pick up time to not park in the staff parking lots in the front of the school. We have a student population of roughly 1480 students, we cannot accommodate parents and family members parking in staff parking lots during the day at any time. We encourage students to walk, ride, take the school bus or the city bus.
- Grade 12 parents – please help the school by reinforcing our message about student parking. RBSS is incredibly lucky to have a large student parking lot near the turf field. Without exception our students who drive are expected to park in the designated student parking lot, failure to do so will likely result in vehicle being towed.
- Please continue to read the Raven’s Nest and our Website for important school information.
We are incredibly proud of our students and staff and how they have risen to the challenge of returning to school – we look forward to having a fantastic school year.
Principal, École Royal Bay Secondary School