Dear RBSS Grads and Families:
Congratulations RBSS 2020 Grads! By now, you have received confirmation of your time to walk across the beautiful RBSS stage on June 22/23/24. Most of you have already picked up your grad packages and should be ready to go! Each group will be live streamed through Microsoft Teams, which is a platform similar to Zoom, but without the privacy issues and cyber-hacking concerns. The District IT department recommends that you do NOT install the app; however, you are able to view it on your web browser.
Test Link June 19th, 2020
On Friday, June 19th, the district has set up a test link that will allow you to make sure that your connection is good and you are able to connect to the Live Stream Event for your grad. The test stream will consist of a graphic image, and a live clock on the screen, with Pomp & Circumstance playing on a loop. Parents and others will be able to use this test to confirm that they can connect successfully to a Microsoft Teams Live Event with their devices before the events next week, to ensure they can see the live stream and hear the audio.
The test will be reachable using the following link between 1pm and 8pm on Friday, June 19th:
RBSS GRAD 2020 Microsoft Team Live Stream Links
June 22nd, 2020
June 23rd, 2020
June 24th, 2020
The video footage from the grad events will be downloadable and available after the event. Information to follow.
Our official grad video (separate from the ceremonies June 22-24) will be released on June 26th which will also be downloadable! We will send information and instructions to access this video in the coming days.
Attached are the instructions that you will be asked to follow for the ceremony. We will have plenty of staff on hand to make sure that you’re in the right place. Don’t’ worry, you’re in good hands with our experienced theatre and music and PE staff.
For those choosing to walk across the stage, please be aware of the following safety protocols that must be followed:
1. If you, or anyone in your household, is showing cold, influenza, or COVID-19 symptoms, you cannot participate in the event or enter the school grounds.
2. Observe 2-meter physical distancing at all times. This means physical distancing before the event, during the event, and after the event.
3. A staff member will welcome you into the building, and you will be expected to spray hand sanitizer on your hands. Please do not to touch any surfaces (or at least limit your touch points) as any surfaces that are touched will need to be disinfected.
4. Due to COVID-19 protocols, you will only be able to use the school washrooms down thehallway, across from the gymnasium. There is a limit of 2 people in the washroom at one time. We will have mirrors available in the gym for a final check before you head into the theatre.
5. Immediately following the event, please leave the school grounds and do not hang around to chat. We understand that this sounds harsh; however, this helps us maintain safety measures, and abide by the provincial health and COVID-19 protocols. We hope that everyone is planning celebrations at home that will allow you to further celebrate your graduation with your family.
6. Graduates will be taking home their cap, gown, envelope customized to all of their accomplishments, and a grad program for the video ceremony.
7. Please park in the back parking lot (beside the turf). Arrive 30 minutes before your ceremony. Our front parking lot and bus loop are closed due to construction and the gates will be locked.
We are proud of the accomplishments of the RBSS Graduates of 2020 and impressed with their ongoing courage, flexibility and resilience. We know that each and every one of you will contribute to our community in the years to come.
Principal, Royal Bay Secondary School